From 03:11am EDT, Jun 06 2021 until 08:00pm EDT, Jun 07 2021
* WHAT...Heat index values up to 97 expected.
* WHERE...Eastern Hillsborough and Interior Rockingham Counties.
* WHEN...From 11 AM this morning to 8 PM EDT Monday.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Low temperatures will only drop to around 70 tonight.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.